Cedar Plank Shrimp with Cheese Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Haven't made these in a while so to start soak your plank for 30 min. up to 2 hrs
Have a spray bottle handy in case of flare ups,bottle on far right
100_7709.JPG

Get your Shrimp ready (no pic)
I decided to make these with a Basil Pesto
100_7708.JPG

Dry your plank then put a light coat of Olive Oil (top side only)
Arrange your shrimp while the grill is getting hot
100_7711.JPG

Grill was set to 400°F
100_7713.JPG

Prepared the grits used Cheddar Jack
100_7710.JPG

Grilled & ready to serve took 15 minutes
100_7720.JPG

Dinner is done came out better then I thought it would
100_7726.JPG

Thanks for looking
Richie

Last edited:
WOW. That had to be good. Where do you get the plank?

WOW. That had to be good. Where do you get the plank?
Adam Almost every big store has them in my area.I think Wallmart,Target or any chain store would have them also.
Did you do something wrong to change your name.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Adam Almost every big store has them in my area.I think Wallmart,Target or any chain store would have them also.
Did you do something wrong to change your name.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Slight name change. No biggie. You and others know me by my real name.

Reactions: crazymoon
Slight name change. No biggie. You and others know me by my real name.
Hmmm...PC? Interesting.

I used cedar from the lumber yard. From the information i gathered is not treated. So i just cut it and let it rip.

I also bought a few sets (6 or something lile that in a pack) from costco: inxepensive. They are also stamped with a fish figure. Makes for a good effect. They are good as serving boards as well.

Nice meal you got there Richie, I already like shrimp, but have never tried grits. It' on the todo list.

Point for sure.
Chris

Nice meal you got there Richie, I already like shrimp, but have never tried grits. It' on the todo list.

Point for sure.
Chris
Chris I tried the grits plain one time didn't like them even with a lot of butter,Cheesed made them good.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

OMG, I love cheese grits & shrimp.
As a matter of fact when our Grandson visits he is a chef & he makes the best blackened shrimp over cheesey grits I have ever had.
But I have to say yours looks fantastic!
Nice job Richie!!
Al

OMG, I love cheese grits & shrimp.
As a matter of fact when our Grandson visits he is a chef & he makes the best blackened shrimp over cheesey grits I have ever had.
But I have to say yours looks fantastic!
Nice job Richie!!
Al
Al Thanks going to see if I can get a bigger plank,going to Lowes now so I will look Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky