Cedar Plank Shrimp with Cheese Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang Richie that looks good!!!

I’ve recently started eating grits again. I kinda burnt myself out by eating them so much.

Your plate looks fantastic. I can’t wait to try, I even have the planks too!

Those look real good Richie! I've been cutting planks from some of the larger rounds of maple trees that I use for salmon. Better than cedar, but you can only get what you can get...

Dang Richie that looks good!!!

I’ve recently started eating grits again. I kinda burnt myself out by eating them so much.

Your plate looks fantastic. I can’t wait to try, I even have the planks too!

Sounds like you are ready Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Those look real good Richie! I've been cutting planks from some of the larger rounds of maple trees that I use for salmon. Better than cedar, but you can only get what you can get...

Never seen Maple planks I may have to look in the molding section @ Lowes Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I haven't ever seen them in the store either. That's why I make them. Your right, molding department or lumber section might be a great idea. I use a machete and a hammer and split them just like making cedar roof shingles. These had S&P and a little bit of pure maple syrup diluted with melted butter and an orange twist. I wanted to eat the board after the salmon was gone.
20150910_171936.jpg

20150910_171831.jpg

Reactions: tropics
I haven't ever seen them in the store either. That's why I make them. Your right, molding department or lumber section might be a great idea. I use a machete and a hammer and split them just like making cedar roof shingles. These had S&P and a little bit of pure maple syrup diluted with melted butter and an orange twist. I wanted to eat the board after the salmon was gone.View attachment 378994
View attachment 378995
Man, that looks like a great meal. How many asparagus did you feed the Weber?

None. At least not that time anyway. Depends on how much I've had to drink. ;)

Erik I didn't get an alert that you posted,that looks great to me even thou I don't like Salmon cooked LOL I make Lox when I see a good filet.Love Asparagus wrapped in Bacon LIKES
Richie

No worries Richie. I would definitely take your shrimp over the salmon if I could anymore- darn allergies! But that Chinook there was fresh caught by Mrs. Browneyes the day before. It was the first salmon she caught and was by kayak! Made it extra special. Fresh fatty salmon cooked a tad on the rare side so all the good Omega-3's are still all there... heaven!

Tell Mrs Browneyes congrats on the catch.
Richie

Those Shrimp look Fantastic, Richie!!:)
I'll Stop there.
Nice Job.
Like.

Bear

Brother John sorry for the late response did not get an alert.Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky