Caught on fire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WildmanWilson

Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
So was using my pellet tube in my old converted refrigerator smoker and had it set at 250. I let the pellets burn outside about 3 minutes after lighting and blew it out and put it in. I check it an hour later and the temperature is up the 300 and a good size flame on the end of the tube. Why would it catch fire again? Could it be too close to the air intake? Any thoughts?

Yep, too much air flow will have the same effect as blowing on the glowing lit pellets, they will flare up if it's enough air.

Jim and dwill got you covered. Too much air flow will ignite it. Was it sitting next to the air intake? I’ve had that happen in my tray before but it’s been because I packed it too tight and it jumped rows.

Yup, burned the handle off my mail box when my tray caught fire. That happened because I had the fan running too fast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky