Catching Up: 4-Meal Food Collage (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Everything looks great Robert, each deserving of its own thread. Those taco boats are good. I bought a bunch of them awhile back, my store had them marked down for clearance. Nicely done!
I very much appreciate it Joe. When I found those boats I was actually looking for the crispy taco bowls to do taco salads. They didn't have those but did have the boats so I did some improvisation.

Robert

I like then all but I bet you can guess my favorite! Yes the taco boat
I kinda figured that Brian :emoji_wink: We both love pretty much anything Mexican or Tex Mex.
I just mixed up your taco seasoning this morning for Jeff's Jalapeno popper which is in the oven now.
So how did that taco seasoning work out for you? Tracy and I love the stuff and quite a few others here enjoy iy. Curious to hear your take on it.

Robert

But have a craving for your Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Just had a big bowl of Hot and Sour soup, and your meat balls would finish off the meal
The meatballs were a spoof on the SnS pork I did a while back. I was surprised how well it came out with beef this time. Now you got me thinking though. I love hot and sour soup. Might have to do something fun this afternoon :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those are some good looking eats Robert. I like the SnS meatballs.
Thanks Chris. For tossing the meatballs together in a hurry, they were really good. I did lightly cook them before going into the wok though. Was afraid they'd go to pieces tossing them around if they weren't at least firmed up a little beforehand.

Robert

Look like all keepers Robert . Taco boats get the nod here.
Thanks so much. The boats are just a nice twist on standard tacos. If it were up to Tracy we'd have tacos 3 nights a week and hamburgers the other 4 nights. It's nice to mix things up a little bit.

Robert

Reactions: Winterrider
Robert, that all looks great, but me being a meat and taters kind of guy, you can guess which ones scream "EAT ME"
Do I get 3 guesses which one you're referring to?? :emoji_laughing:
What was the gravy you used on the brisket and taters?
It's just a quick beef based gravy with lots of onions that I throw together. Gravy is so simple to make and there are thousands of variations you can do. I've played around with quite a few over the past several years. Gravy Rules!!

Robert

Appreciate it but trust me yours is top notch. Most of us are our harshest critics.
Thanks buddy. I agree that we tend to be our harshest critics but my plating and presentation pales by comparison to the stuff you and a few other folks here put out. I just don't have the artistic flair that some of you folks have. Three years of advanced art in high school (because it was an easy course) and I still can't draw a stick figure.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
It was hard to tell in that Jalapeno Popper Casserole. I will be tring taco's next week and let you know.
I can see how it would get buried with all the rest of the stuff in that casserole. Be aware though, for our tastes it takes about 4 T for a pound of meat. you might want to start with 3 T and adjust from there. That's why I make batches 6X what the recipe states.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I use it in darn near anything Mexican I cook. It’s phenomena. I make huge batches lol.
That's pretty high praise. Thank you. I've gotten to where I'm using more and ore of the Mexican spice blend I put together for just base meals. Of course tacos and fajitas I have specific seasonings for but we do a lot of other Mexican themed meals and that spice blend is fantastic!! If you win the Superbowl Throwdown you'll get a bottle :emoji_wink:

Robert

Dang Robert… those all look o so good buddy! Man… I’ve said before… slap a bib on me and I’d tear into every one of them meals! 😉

Thanks so much Tyler. Looking forward to seeing some of your fantastic cooks. you were killing it for a while....then life got in the way. Come Summer you are gonna have to load the family up and make that horrible 20 minute drive to come visit. Pool, lots of cookers, beer, margaritas, some top shelf beef...and the list goes on. The kids would have a blast in the pool.

Robert
That sounds like a great plan to me Robert! I had every intention of us meeting up over the past few months however things just got busy. We will make it happen, sounds like a dang good time. And I plan on getting some cooks posted on here again very soon..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky