Catching Up: 4-Meal Food Collage (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Back before Christmas I was in a bit of a cooking lull. Really no motivation to do anything interesting and no feeling creative. For some reason all of a sudden I started getting back into the swing of things and have done a few fun and interesting meals since then. These are a few that were good but not necessarily worthy of a thread all by themselves. Decided to lump them all into one thread and get the folders off my desktop :emoji_wink: Not much dialog going on here, just pics.

First is some taco boats we had a couple weeks ago.
017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

030.jpg

Next is some brisket stuffed taters with gravy, steamed broccoli and cheddar cream sauce.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Third on the list is some sweet and sour beef meatballs.
003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

And lastly was a massive NY Strip I did last weekend.
003.jpg

Pseudo Caparese salad that was dressed with a balsamic reduction.
004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Well that's it. Got them posted and can clean the files off the desktop. Nothing really noteworthy but all were good, quick, and gratifying meals. Now I can start over taking pics, assuming I decide to make something that's worth taking pics of :emoji_laughing: Y'all take care and keep those amazing meal threads coming!!

Robert

All great meals Robert! Love the Caprese for sure. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve had one. Those are all meals folks would be happy to get at a restaurant.

HMMMM.....Looking at the taco boats makes we want tacos! Got a "make your own pizza" night planned for saturday with the family. But those tacos are gonna be on the menu soon.
Of course, every one of those meals are looking great too.

Jim

Some damn good looking meals Robert! I believe I would be all over that brisket tater. Rich gravy. How do you do the cheddar cream sauce?

Another salad for dinner last night after an hour of swimming. A small bowl of oatmeal this morning with blueberries. I check in and there at the top is Robert. I'm hungry. Do I look and make it worse? Of course I look.

Amazing, creative, wonderful to behold! Totally worth the look.

That would be a good weeks worth of meals for me Robert. As usual you plating skills are over the top.

Everything you cook always looks so good, Robert!
I don’t know how you don’t weigh 400 lbs.
But if you’re like Judy & I we like to cook more than eat.
I think that is just us getting old!
Al

Even without a worthy write up each show the care taken in preparation to create a fine meal. We’ll done on all accounts Robert!

Everything looks great Robert, each deserving of its own thread. Those taco boats are good. I bought a bunch of them awhile back, my store had them marked down for clearance. Nicely done!

I like then all but I bet you can guess my favorite! Yes the taco boat. I just mixed up your taco seasoning this morning for Jeff's Jalapeno popper which is in the oven now.

Nice batch of vitals there Robert, all my plate worthy .

But have a craving for your Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Just had a big bowl of Hot and Sour soup, and your meat balls would finish off the meal

David

Those are some good looking eats Robert. I like the SnS meatballs.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky