Catching Up: 4-Meal Food Collage (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All great meals Robert! Love the Caprese for sure. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve had one.
Thanks so much Jeff. We don't do those salads as often as we should. Something about the tomatoes, cheese, and balsamic just make for a great flavor combo.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
HMMMM.....Looking at the taco boats makes we want tacos! Got a "make your own pizza" night planned for saturday with the family. But those tacos are gonna be on the menu soon.
Thank you Jim. Appreciate the kind words. Tacos are certainly a favorite around here so I try to find ways to mix them up a bit so it's not repetitive. Not a thing wrong with pizza and tacos. Gives folks a variety to choose from so lump them all into one dinner :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
I believe I would be all over that brisket tater. Rich gravy.
Yep, you and Tracy both. She just almost anything with leftover brisket but the taters are her favorite.
How do you do the cheddar cream sauce?
It's an ancient Chinese secret. I'll tell you but you must promise not to tell anybody else. Ready: a packet of Velveeta cheese sauce and a nice splash of heavy cream. Mix in a pan and heat till warm and smooth. Shhhhh....don't let that out of the bag :emoji_laughing: Seriously, we do that a LOT. It's fantastic over eggs in the morning and so many things. I buy the stuff 24 packs at a time.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Another salad for dinner last night after an hour of swimming. A small bowl of oatmeal this morning with blueberries. I check in and there at the top is Robert. I'm hungry. Do I look and make it worse? Of course I look.

Amazing, creative, wonderful to behold! Totally worth the look.
I'm sorry my friend. I don't do that to you intentionally, it just kinda happens when you have a metabolism like mine. I eat like a horse, drink beer (and margaritas) by the gallon, and don't gain an ounce. Matter of fact my Dr. just ripped me a new one two weeks ago for losing weight and my BMI being too low. He says eat more food and have a huge chocolate malted milkshake every day to try gaining some weight.

Robert

That would be a good weeks worth of meals for me Robert. As usual you plating skills are over the top.
Thanks so much Cliff. Interesting you make the comment about plating. I've always felt that mine fell WAY short compared to a lot of the folks here. Some of the stuff I see in the forum is so amazing it looks like it's from another galaxy.

Robert

Everything you cook always looks so good, Robert!
I don’t know how you don’t weigh 400 lbs.
Thank you Al. I just have a metabolism that allows me to eat and drink as much of anything I want and don't gain an ounce.
But if you’re like Judy & I we like to cook more than eat.
I think that is just us getting old!
Well....I do love the cooking aspect but for me, it's more about the eating. I've always loved a good meal and refuse to pay restaurant prices. It was either learn to cook or be disappointed.

Robert

Looks great as usual Robert!
Thanks so much Tyler. Looking forward to seeing some of your fantastic cooks. you were killing it for a while....then life got in the way. Come Summer you are gonna have to load the family up and make that horrible 20 minute drive to come visit. Pool, lots of cookers, beer, margaritas, some top shelf beef...and the list goes on. The kids would have a blast in the pool.

Robert

Wait a minnit!!!! You can buy the velveeta cheese sauce in packets!?!?!?!? Tell this lowly pupil more of this secret o great Padawan!

Jim

Yep, you and Tracy both. She just almost anything with leftover brisket but the taters are her favorite.

It's an ancient Chinese secret. I'll tell you but you must promise not to tell anybody else. Ready: a packet of Velveeta cheese sauce and a nice splash of heavy cream. Mix in a pan and heat till warm and smooth. Shhhhh....don't let that out of the bag :emoji_laughing: Seriously, we do that a LOT. It's fantastic over eggs in the morning and so many things. I buy the stuff 24 packs at a time.

Robert

Like the packets that come in the velveeta shells and cheese? I dont think I have ever seen them to buy by themselves. But i sure plan on looking this weekend!

Thanks so much Cliff. Interesting you make the comment about plating. I've always felt that mine fell WAY short compared to a lot of the folks here. Some of the stuff I see in the forum is so amazing it looks like it's from another galaxy.

Robert
Hell no your plating is way on top!

Robert, that all looks great, but me being a meat and taters kind of guy, you can guess which ones scream "EAT ME"...:emoji_laughing: What was the gravy you used on the brisket and taters?

Even without a worthy write up each show the care taken in preparation to create a fine meal. We’ll done on all accounts Robert!
Thanks very much Matt but honestly, these were all quick meals done just to have something to call "dinner". Not a lot of time or thought put into any of them.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky