Cast iron spam musubis for the big game!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So tonight my daughters soccer team, the D2 state champs, play the D1 league champs of last year! Both teams are 5-0 and killing everyone so far...

My oldest daughter is also back for winter break and has one of her college teammates visiting. So, spam musubis are on the menu for the game!

Here's the usual set up:

509a857d4270741510e06074b0c0d8bc.jpg

Frying them up in the cast iron pan. Almost there...

69db3da9b58f348d006ff87893fccbf9.jpg

Into the musubi mold (gata)...

66a607290385d01bbbaf1b21ddc96ac1.jpg

Had one extra spam. This was my lunch: left side hand rolled spam musubi with ume, and right side, Kim chi musubi! The Kim chi was made by one of my coworkers (she's Korean!!!)

bf8385f9f3e99d06b20d3beb244caab0.jpg

Into the cooler to keep hot for the game.

ceb12cdd4d9349b61f8ce4f10f375f9a.jpg

I'll be back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Musabi!!!!! Looks great Woody! Good luck with the games!

Thanks Case!

It was a hard fought game that we won 1 - 0. We still haven't given up a goal now in six games. My daughter played the entire game and is bruised and sore right now...

The musubis were very good but the reverse seared spam ones were awesome!

Mahalo!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky