Cast Iron Seared Ribeye with Parm crusted Zuch(s)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 24, 2011
Rocket City (Huntsville) AL
I placed a beautiful ribeye in Dale's for a nice bath while I got a chimney of lump volcano hot, then threw it all in the kettle (steak indirect) With a piece of Oak. Meanwhile, I got a cast iron skillet rocket hot direct, added a sliver of garlic herb butter then seared the steak. Flipped it and moved the pan indirect until the Thermapen read 135*F. We plated the steak with a pat of the herb butter and some of SWMBO's Parmesan Crusted Pan Fried Zucchini. Served the meal with a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Ale.

:grilling_smilie:

Last edited:
drool.gif

Looks GREAT!

I bet it taste out of this world. Rib-eye is my favorite.

Happy smoken.

David

Looks great!  Kudos!

To engage in a bit of blasphemy?

Especially seeing cast iron?

I still occasionally enjoy a steak or a hamburger out of a plain old cast iron skillet.

To complete the old memories from childhood?  I would need to add a good amount of lard!

Open windows help.  Nobody seems to like the smell of lard any more.

I remember when the smell of lard meant dinner was coming!

Good luck and good smoking.

Looks great!  Kudos!

To engage in a bit of blasphemy?

Especially seeing cast iron?

I still occasionally enjoy a steak or a hamburger out of a plain old cast iron skillet.

To complete the old memories from childhood?  I would need to add a good amount of lard!

Open windows help.  Nobody seems to like the smell of lard any more.

I remember when the smell of lard meant dinner was coming!

Good luck and good smoking.

I use cast iron on the grill routinely. I like grill marks and this is the best way to get one solid crusty "grill mark". ;)

Looks awesome! I love using both my cast iron skillet on the grill and my cast iron Dutch Oven on my grill, then in my smoker. If you sear meat on the grill in the Dutch Oven, then make stew, soups,etc uncovered in the smoker, it can come out great.

Last edited:
Wish I had seen that first. I just decided I wanted to try it and my first attempt was a Flemish beef, onion and beer stew (Beef Carbonnade). I like the complex flavors caused by the combination of browning over the grill, then slow cooking in teh smoker.

Wish I had seen that first. I just decided I wanted to try it and my first attempt was a Flemish beef, onion and beer stew (Beef Carbonnade). I like the complex flavors caused by the combination of browning over the grill, then slow cooking in teh smoker.
Sounds fantastic! Let's see some photos and recipe!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky