• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cast iron doors, vents, etc.


Joined Sep 17, 2016
Is there a source for these items? I'm planning a concrete block/wood smoker. Thanks, Bill


Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
You might try a online search for wood stove supplies and parts. Replacement doors for particular models (look for the size, shape, style you like), pipes, dampers, etc should all be available online and locally in many areas. Many home centers carry wood stove and fireplace kits, door gasket materials, etc. You may need to be a little creative for intake draft controls, as they'll need to be home-made, or, manufactured OEM parts which will require being attached to your firebox per their specs.

A simple intake air control is a stud welded to a steel face with 4 holes around the stud in a cross-orientation. Weld a round disc or large washer to a nut (nut on outside when mounted) with a hole for the stud to pass through...spin onto stud. To open, turn the disc left-hand, to close, turn the disc right-hand...clearance between the disc and firebox face controls the air flow...easy, effective and infinite adjustment.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.