Cast Iron Deep Dish Crustless Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Several folks here have done similar and it’s been on my to do list for awhile. I’ve been so busy doing the week that my then lately is dishes that make great leftovers all week. This fit the bill. First I made some sheets of foil pressed in the pan to make some templates.
B71BEA9F-3A38-4D15-BDDE-2702E0363603.jpeg
For two of these I sprayed heavily with olive oil and then pressed out circular 3 lbs sheets of Italian sausage.
92D0A484-35DD-476C-B59D-D4084E8EFCBE.jpeg
Time to start the build. First 3 lbs sausage pressed into the greased 17” cast iron skillet.
061DC239-224A-44DD-B9B9-7CBCF4A4F9F2.jpeg
One lbs of sliced mozzarella next
31C50BBC-C8B0-445F-9836-C745503F91A4.jpeg
Sauce, banana peppers, green olives, crumbled bacon and pepperoni. ( forgot to snap pic with pepperoni on this layer).
FC24E2BC-68A2-4F15-BB64-60E8BF0F3CD5.jpeg
Three total layers , here is the full pan. A lot of the goodies on top are buried in the cheese Used shredded cheese for the top layer
0184441D-1F95-4C79-968F-D08DB75851A4.jpeg
7610067D-A525-4E15-ACF0-407D49E3BAB1.jpeg
Into the oven @ 350F for a little over 2 hours. I did need to carefully pour off a fair amount of grease when finished.
8B4843AD-DDD7-423C-92FB-1A23E01EF2C2.jpeg
F2B03C4F-7684-4B1F-9AE6-1CA7056DB4A9.jpeg
Made a quick lazy antipasto using store Italian dressing.
527FB743-0AFE-4E7F-B97A-8AF3E4D48BF8.jpeg
Here is a little of the loaf plated up with some marinara, basil and pepperocini peppers.
2B0A7F88-259C-45B4-929D-5341980E77DD.jpeg
It’s already friends approved lol. Thanks for looking!

Looks awesome!

Question,
What’s the purpose of the foil?
I needed three uniform round 3 lbs sheets of sausage. Those I pressed on the pan and could then lift our. Bottom layer was pressed directly in the pan then the others I carefully flipped the foil to layer those on as I built the layers.

That is out of the park spectacular!!! Beautiful plate and had to be over the top with flavor😃 Killer cook, gorgeous work, big points for making me crave!

Reactions: jcam222
Wow Jeff!! That is insane...insanely amazing!! I've seen some pizzas before but nothing even close to this. What an unbelievable array of amassed debauchery. I could eat myself sick with that and not regret a second of it. Super job buddy....and I can see why it's "friends approved" :emoji_laughing:

Robert

That's a fantastic idea! Great job on the Feature too!

Wow Jeff!! That is insane...insanely amazing!! I've seen some pizzas before but nothing even close to this. What an unbelievable array of amassed debauchery. I could eat myself sick with that and not regret a second of it. Super job buddy....and I can see why it's "friends approved" :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks guys. Heck Robert I think I got this idea from you. Now check out the dessert I just posted. Decadent

I needed three uniform round 3 lbs sheets of sausage. Those I pressed on the pan and could then lift our. Bottom layer was pressed directly in the pan then the others I carefully flipped the foil to layer those on as I built the layers.
Thanks I see it now. This one goes on the list

Reactions: jcam222
That looks killer Jeff. Hell of a nice job

That's a fantastic idea! Great job on the Feature too!

Robert

Looks great Jeff ! I bet that's really good .

I think I need to find my way onto this friends list! Man that looks amazing.
Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky