Caseless snack sticks

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by lothar1974, Oct 10, 2014.

1. lothar1974

lothar1974 Smoke Blower

MN
    Made three 3 pound batches with LEM Jerky Canon.  Inferno, Peperoni and Mesquite.  Mixed up an rested in fridge for  24 hours.

In MES 40 at 125 with Amazen with Hickory for 4 hours. Then bumped up 10 degrees every hour so far.  Currently at 165.  Have some in a dehydrator as well.

2. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice looking batch....

Dave

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looking good! Love caseless snacks! Don't leave us hanging what's the recipe???

4. lothar1974

lothar1974 Smoke Blower

MN
    I used the LEM Inferno, pepperoni and mesquite premade seasonings. Will try to get some pics of the finished sticks up. Been busy getting ready for a bbq Sunday with all the guys from work. Doing a 14 pound brisket and a pork butt. Trying to have it ready for the noon game. Hard part was cleaning the house :) and hopefully cutting the grass for the last time this year.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  5. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like a nice batch of sticks and the next smoke sounds good too! 

Thanks for posting with qview.

Disco

6. Nice batch of naked sticks you have going. I have gone to naked for all of my sticks. Keep the pics coming. 

Happy smoken.

David

7. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice full smoker.....I must admit I still enjoy the casings although a bit of a pita to do.....nice job, enjoy the game.....Willie

8. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Them sure look good, now since Elk Hunting camp is just about done I will need to replenish my supply. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS 

9. I hope they are not still in the smoker.

[​IMG]

Happy smoken.

David

10. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Job on the Sticks, Lothar!!![​IMG]

I'm glad to see these are catching on----Back in 2010, when I posted my first batch of "Unstuffed Beef Stick", a lot of people were saying, "Why ya doing that Bear?"

I think this was the first one ever on this forum:

Unstuffed Beef Sticks (All Beef)           

Be back for final pics!!

Bear

11. centex99

centex99 Fire Starter

Was that a virgin smoker?  I swear mine hasn't looked that clean since day 1.  Then again, I haven't ever sprayed it out or scurbbed it down... I just figure the brown/black gives it character...

Good looking snack sticks though!

12. The sticks look great! Waitin' on the finished Qview

Gotta do another batch of them soon myself. They never last long!

13. bearcarver

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bear

14. Nice job. May try this as my skills improve.

15. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

:yeahthat:

thinking the would be well down by now....

16. mathman

mathman Smoke Blower

I'm wanting to make some of these. Looks good. Did you just put them straight on the smoker grates? I'm worried they would fall through?

17. lothar1974

lothar1974 Smoke Blower

MN
     Yes, straight on grates and no issues with falling through.  They stick a little but nothing too bad. Sorry for no finished Q view.  Always running outta time.  I think these were good, but to my surprise I think there was too much smoke, couldn't taste the flavor of the seasoning compared to smoke flavor.  Next round will be smoke only when smoker is on. 

18. bearcarver

Most Smoker grates & Grill Racks are tight enough to keep anything like that from falling through.

I lay all of my Unstuffed Beef Sticks right on my MES racks.

However if you have trouble with anything sticking or falling through, here is a Great solution:

http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=46

Bear

19. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I just received 8' of the 24" mats! I don't know why it took me all these years to not order them! The bulk of them will be cut to fit my GOSM racks. I plan on using the rest for the Mini's and the UDS.

20. I sure do like mine!

Happy smoken.

David