1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Care And Feeding of a 5lb Grizzly Stuffer -15 Pics QView -Good for Rookies

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by princess, Oct 2, 2010.

1. This is awesome. Wish I would of found it sooner, but even so...taking back the stuffer plate to BPS ($18!) and using that an additional funds for this.

What would you estimate the time to do one run of sausage? Or how long to do one 5# run?

2. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great info on this thread, thanks

3. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

Aww... thank you for the compliment!!

I am not kidding when I say that I can stuff as fast as I can turn the crank. If I have a fully loaded stuffer horn (I can easily fit five feet of natural casing soaked on there, that's five pounds.) I can spin them out in under two minutes.

If I am doing more than 5lb, I do have to spin the wheel back up to re-pack it, and when spinning it up empty, the handle can slip off pretty easy. I slipped a thin thin rubber band onto the peg that the handle goes on and problem solved.

4. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

Thanks, SQWIB!! Okay... how did you get that name?

5. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Thanks I just bought one just like yours but have not used it yet but I am soon .

6. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good job Princess!  And I am glad you got some metal gears for backup.  LOL

7. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

Do you know they have been back-ordered since I put up this post?  Does anyone else manufacture them?

::poutyface::

8. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

Let me know what you decide to do about mounting it?  I like having mine perma-bolted but am always up for new ideas!!

9. bigcitysmoker

bigcitysmoker Fire Starter

Thanks for the great breakdown of the Grizzly stuffer.

I just purchased one for $64.95 directly from Grizzly ... [​IMG]

10. SFLsmkr1

SFLsmkr1 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Dont force the meat thru the tube or ya will strip them gears.

Good luck & have fun