Carbonara Tonight!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
....and NO CREAM! LOL!
IMG_20230715_181212.jpg

Pulled out some guanciale to make Carbonara tonight. Only thing I needed from the grocer was the Pecorino Romano cheese. This Guanciale was placed in the chamber 10/2022...deep umaimi, funky notes...all I can say is Wow!

Nice . That's a favorite here . My Son has the sauce down .
I bet the guanciale really added to it .

Looks like stellar chow! That and cacio e pepe are on my short list of things to recreate at home.

Nice . That's a favorite here . My Son has the sauce down .
I bet the guanciale really added to it .
Thanks chop. It's fairly straight forward...as long as you don't scramble the eggs! The guanciale was outstanding...didn't drain ANY of the fat; left it all in there for the sauce. So rich!

Looks like stellar chow! That and cacio e pepe are on my short list of things to recreate at home.
Thanks mr_whipple! IF you have a butcher that breaks down sides of pork on site, you can probably get pig heads to make guanciale.

I'm so behind on threads after business travel :) That looks great.

Looks good! And not a heavy meal.

Jim

Looks great! And no damn peas like so many people think are supposed to be in carbonara!

I'm so behind on threads after business travel :) That looks great.
Thanks guys! Playing catch-up on thanking people....I've been out of town the last 5 days entertaining my buddies from Kansas at the 10th annual Cajun/Kansas fishing trip.

Very, very nice Keith. Give me a couple slices of cheesy garlic bread and I'm in Heaven. Heck, keep the bread and just hand me a massive plate of the Carbonara and i'll be one happy camper. Very nice my friend.

Robert

IDS, I'll take a plate ,looks delicious!
Thank you crazymoon!

Very, very nice Keith. Give me a couple slices of cheesy garlic bread and I'm in Heaven. Heck, keep the bread and just hand me a massive plate of the Carbonara and i'll be one happy camper. Very nice my friend.

Robert
Thank you Robert! I did enjoy it, even the leftovers! Had to rewarm gently though so as not to over cook the egg.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky