Carbon Steel Griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ifitsdeadsmokeit

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 9, 2010
Hollister Missouri
My parents got me a 'Made In' Carbon Steel Griddle for christmas. It is the model that has holes on one half of it, so that makes it for grill/outdoor use only. I already have a solid cast iron one for my Yoder that I use on occasion. I am looking for ideas on what to cook on it as the holes on one side seem to limit the uses. As they are fairly expensive, I would hate to not use it. Any ideas out of the box aside from burgers, searing steaks, veggies. I am assuming the holes are to let smoke through or if using on a firepit, flames. I appreciate any input.

1704402147297.png

Reactions: 02ebz06
Cheese steaks, smash burger, veggies, pancakes...
Pretty much anything you would do in a frying pan you can do on a griddle.

I'd use the holes to get a little char on veggies & shrimp etc that might fall through the grates. Could also get rid of excess grease if needed.

What thoughtful parents! And what a swell griddle!! I admit the holes are a poser. Veggies and small items like the above suggestion makes sense. Enjoy!

Reactions: chopsaw
Veggies , bread slices , pizza , anything in a pan , sear on the solid side , then shift over ?
I love it , but I like options .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky