Can't Win 'Em All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Displaced Texan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 11, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
But, this one turned out okay, I think. :emoji_blush:

Trimmed and rubbed:

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

Final product:

IMG_1001.JPG

Some pics of the flat and point.

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

Well, thanks for taking the time to look at these. No temperature probes, just smoke and time. 7 hours in the smoke, 4 hours in the oven in butcher paper, in to the warming oven at 2:15 am at 150°. Sliced around 12:30 pm today.

Thank you. Well, I have a Viking warming drawer, but obviously it is too small for more than one brisket. Brisket and ribs is a problem. I bought this on Amazon.

View attachment 645726

Wow that is nice!!! I'm using my kitchen oven, I'm lucky and my Jenn-Air will get down to around 155 avg temp but it swings quite a bit up and down you know... about 20 degrees or so either way

Wow that is nice!!! I'm using my kitchen oven, I'm lucky and my Jenn-Air will get down to around 155 avg temp but it swings quite a bit up and down you know... about 20 degrees or so either way
Yes, my Wolf ovens are circa 2008, so they will go down to 110 I think, but it is a dehydrate mode. Plus, I think that must use a lot more gas and electricity than this.

Hard to tell in the pic, but it isn't overly large and only weighs about 30 pounds. Easy to move. Game changer for me so far.

First brisket for you? I'm surprised to read that. Good luck, and thank you for the compliment.
Yeah....Been on my Bucket list but been afraid of screwing it up. Of course my son has challenged me with "I hope it is as good as the one I had at Buck-ees this past weekend." I gotta do better than a gas station right!
Jim

Yeah....Been on my Bucket list but been afraid of screwing it up. Of course my son has challenged me with "I hope it is as good as the one I had at Buck-ees this past weekend." I gotta do better than a gas station right!
Jim
Well, you haven't lived until you have screwed up your first several briskets lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky