Canadian Pet Peeves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Agreed with the meat prices for sure.

A friend's husband started working at s pork processing plant. Employees can buy case lots for cheap. I hope he keeps the job so I can buy through them.

Reactions: nanuk
When I was a meatcutter, I found ways to buy really reasonable meat products, and always wondered if I could buy them today!
I'd need to get a shop to buy them, but then it'd be free freight.

Figured I'd post something in here for once...

Alright fellow canucks, what are your pet peeves?

Mine is converting measurements for recipes - What the heck is an ounce anyways and is it volume or weight??
roflmao.gif

Let's hear 'em!!
canada-flag-68.gif
That's why the metric system is the best- no doubt as to dry or liquid (mg/gram/kg or ml/dl/l respectively). However, since we have to rely on recipes from non metric sources. I agree it's a problem. That problem is made worse when you realize the Canadian liquid oz, qt and gallon are very much different from the US- it causes me no end of difficulty because I never know if my Canadian source is using US or Imperial.

On prices for meat- yes. we're getting hosed here.

On shipping - how much time do you have? I would prefer that all my purchases came by normal post. I live in a third floor apartment where there is no doorbell or intercom, so couriers cannot reach me and will not phone me on arrival. Since our town also does not have postal delivery (never ever has) everything goes to the post office and we all pick up our mail and have a little visit while we're at it. Great system- we all love it. But try to have Amazon or EBay ship to a PO Box- Fuggeddaboudit.

So there are my rants. Cheers to all from SW Ontario-where we have a wonderful overabundance of craft breweries and wineries. Can't wait for summer.

But try to have Amazon or EBay ship to a PO Box- Fuggeddaboudit.
I had all my Amazon parcels sent to my PO Box for years, there are a few items like pet supplies and electronics that will not ship to PO Boxes but you can have them shipped to a pic up point ( which happens to be the post office).

The current Liberal Prime Minister!

I hang my head in shame.... I have never met anyone in the last 2 years who admits to voting for him.
My Wife, who is politically opposite of me, even is embarrassed by "Little Potato"

I dont know anyone that admits they voted for him either.

There is a reason the west refers to our current government as the Turd's Reich.
He should have stayed a drama teacher.

Last edited:
I had all my Amazon parcels sent to my PO Box for years, there are a few items like pet supplies and electronics that will not ship to PO Boxes but you can have them shipped to a pic up point ( which happens to be the post office).

Pic up Point- Right- and the staff here (known as "the dragons at the desk") at Canada Post have a shit fit if the sender hasn't put a PO Box # in the address. Just can't win, man.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky