Canadian newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

canadian kid

Original poster
Jul 28, 2016
Ontario
Hello all Ive just upgraded my smoker to a Oklahoma joe highland smoker, I have sealed all the joints, built a baffle and added transfer plates. As I am typing this I'm smoking pork ribs as my first meal. I look forward to adding pics and chatting along here. Canadian kid out

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Congrats on the new smoker!

Al

Thanks I'm from Ontario and the mods have seemed to level out my heat issue only 5-8 degrees difference now from right to left.

Welcome to SMF from the prairies!

Feel free to share some pics of your ribs with us. Don't hog them all to yourself.. 
Rules.gif
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Howdy, kid!!!

I take it from the pics that you are not in Toronto, right?

Great lookin' pit!!! Looks like you've already got it figured out, tamed and putting out the good stuff.

Please, keep the Qview coming, especially after that white stuff you folks get later in the year starts fallin'.

Here are a few pics one is my smoker with my three thermometers and second is the ribs 6 hrs of smoking before I sauced them, everyone took them after I sauced them so couldn't get a picture fast enough.

Beauty set up! Do you mind me asking what town you're from? I'm from Brampton originally.

Ya I'm from st.catharines an hour from Toronto, I'll throw up more pics of my mods after I clean it today.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky