Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danj

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Wyoming Michigan
I purchased a pork loin today and I was thinking Canadian bacon. can anyone out there help with a recipe and info?

Thank you.

Bear is the man when it comes to bacon variety and several other things all around a smoke master. Thanks for the help on my canadian bacon questions Bear. It turned out so well its all gone already. I guess good things go fast. Should have made 10 lbs instead of only 4.

Back to the original post

I just made some using tenderquick (follow directions on package). The directions are kinda confusing so Bear got me all straightened out. 1 day per 1/2 in of thickness I believe is what it was. Hopefully someone can verify that im going from memory. Measure your cure exactally according to weight.

I just gave mine daily massages and a flip. Make sure you put them in some type of container in the fridge in case of a leak. I never had an issue but you never know better safe then sorry.

I didnt add spices in with my cure  I know some do. After the curing process I test fryed and had to rinse it a couple times to get it where I wanted it. I sprinkled garlic powder and pepper on mine and smoked them. I will never buy canadian bacon from anywhere again. Next up Belly bacon. Gotta get with Todd and order my AMPS.

Last edited:
Bear is the man when it comes to bacon variety and several other things all around a smoke master. Thanks for the help on my canadian bacon questions Bear. It turned out so well its all gone already. I guess good things go fast. Should have made 10 lbs instead of only 4.

Back to the original post

I just made some using tenderquick (follow directions on package). The directions are kinda confusing so Bear got me all straightened out. 1 day per 1/2 in of thickness I believe is what it was. Hopefully someone can verify that im going from memory. Measure your cure exactally according to weight.

I just gave mine daily massages and a flip. Make sure you put them in some type of container in the fridge in case of a leak. I never had an issue but you never know better safe then sorry.

I didnt add spices in with my cure  I know some do. After the curing process I test fryed and had to rinse it a couple times to get it where I wanted it. I sprinkled garlic powder and pepper on mine and smoked them. I will never buy canadian bacon from anywhere again. Next up Belly bacon. Gotta get with Todd and order my AMPS.
Thank You Cowboy!!! It was a pleasure to assist you !

Yes---"1 day per every 1/2" of thickness of the thickest piece---Plus at least 2 days extra for safety (I like to add 3 or 4 days)", and more days doesn't hurt.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky