CANADIAN BACON q-view

Discussion in 'Smoking Bacon' started by desertlites, Apr 22, 2008.

1. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

first pic-spritzing with apple juice mix with maple syrup-smoking with hickory & cherry- internal at 60*

2. chargrilled

chargrilled Meat Mopper

Nice looking cuts there!!!! Wish you a good smoke today!!!! I cant wait for this weekend. STUCK IN THE MILL ALL DAY [​IMG]

3. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Bob - that looks so good, it's nice to have a description to what we've all been salivating over in the chat room. [​IMG]

How long does that stuff keep after you've smoked it?

4. desertlites

Glad I double checked it with another thermo-it was reading under 100-I knew it had to be higher,pulled it at 150-whew! Enjoy.It tastes Great (not salty)going in the frige for 24 hrs.to let the flavors mix.

5. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's it - I'm officially producing a "drool-plate" for keyboards. With that kind of q-vue, it would sell. Any backers??? [​IMG]

Seriously - that looks really awesome!!

6. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Dammit man!!.....Stop putting up pics of awesome lookin food when I'm hungry!!.......LOL

Looks fantastic Bob......[​IMG]

L8r,
    Eric

7. Looks great Bob...Nice Job!!! [​IMG] I got some tenderloins on sale the other day and I would love to give that a try.

8. tmw611

tmw611 Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

That is art!

What else can I say?

9. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

nice bob.........those all loins?

10. desertlites

thanks all-I kinda like to make & eat bacon-Ya dude all loins.

11. walking dude

bob........the reason i asked........the one in the lower right.........i know when i do c bacon, the loines flatten up........amazing how the cd you get on a pizza, or buy from hormel, and so perfectly round.......looked......different........if you can understand what i mean, i hope.......hehehe

12. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Buddy, thats the Bomb!. Awesome "Hoser" bacon.
    Andy.

13. desertlites

Dude if I woulda sinched it up tight it woulda stayed round-I didn't this time.

14. walking dude

ahhhhhhhh......crap.........thankx for the tip...........duh..........stupid me......never even crossed my mind to do that............thankx

15. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

that looks great makin me hungry all over again [​IMG]

16. salmonclubber

salmonclubber Master of the Pit OTBS Member

desertlites

good looking bacon did you use the mortons cure or the buckboard bacon cure on these i usually like to use mortons on my canadian bacon

17. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

NEED I SAY MORE![​IMG]

SCOTT

18. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks great d-lites! I've been dieing to try CB for a while. Can't find TQ, looked in every grocery store and meat market for miles. Finally went to the Morton website and got some. Shipping sucks! Almost doubled the price! But what the hey - if it will help me make CB that tastes as good as yours looks, I'll call it a wise investment!

19. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I keep a roll or saran wrap by my keyboard. When I'm activelly trolling in the SMF, I just pull a sheet on over the keys!

20. desertlites

clubber, I use the buckboard cure-these I rinced for 2 hrs.changing the water every 1/2-seems I hear alot of problems with saltyness with the tenderquick-these cured for 10 days.