canadian bacon morton vs buckboard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
hello everyone

i did 6 pounds of canadian bacon using the morton tenderquick recipe it turned out great i used hickory for smoke i like the morton recipe better than the buckboard bacon cure on the loin bacon i still like buckboard bacon on a pork butt

Salmonclubber, those look awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I wish my fricken smell o vision worked on this puter, but i can imagine!!!

Salmonclubber ...could you please go into a little detail on the differences on taste results between the 2 cures ,I have some buckboard cure on order and already have the morton's and planning to make canadian bacon and was wondering the difference on taste ? thanks

t bone

buckboard bacon has a stronger bacon flavor when you use it on loin it tastes like a lean piece of bacon using the morton tenderquick gives it a milder canadian bacon taste
huey

thanks Huey...I'll use the morton's on the loin ,sounds like the buckboard would work well on a belly also ,as I like a heavy bacon n smoke flavor ...I used the mortons sugar and smoke flavor dry cure ...is very good ,but just a tad too salty ,maybe I'll shorten up the cure time a little on my next try
rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky