• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

canadian bacon morton vs buckboard

salmonclubber

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 3, 2005
hello everyone

i did 6 pounds of canadian bacon using the morton tenderquick recipe it turned out great i used hickory for smoke i like the morton recipe better than the buckboard bacon cure on the loin bacon i still like buckboard bacon on a pork butt

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Salmonclubber, those look awesome
I wish my fricken smell o vision worked on this puter, but i can imagine!!!

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Salmonclubber ...could you please go into a little detail on the differences on taste results between the 2 cures ,I have some buckboard cure on order and already have the morton's and planning to make canadian bacon and was wondering the difference on taste ? thanks

salmonclubber

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 3, 2005
t bone

buckboard bacon has a stronger bacon flavor when you use it on loin it tastes like a lean piece of bacon using the morton tenderquick gives it a milder canadian bacon taste
huey

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
thanks Huey...I'll use the morton's on the loin ,sounds like the buckboard would work well on a belly also ,as I like a heavy bacon n smoke flavor ...I used the mortons sugar and smoke flavor dry cure ...is very good ,but just a tad too salty ,maybe I'll shorten up the cure time a little on my next try

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.