Canadian Bacon and Dried Beef (cured & smoked)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I see this is an old post. Have you modified you procedure any?
Although I rarely smoke both Dried Beef and Canadian Bacon at the same time like this one, I haven't changed any of my methods of doing either one.

Could be less confusing to go to one of the Step by Steps that shows them done individually, and the newest ones are probably the easiest to follow.

Go to my Index by clicking:

"Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: stjoeguy1122
Tried the Canadian Bacon and dried beef (I used venison). Both came out SUPER. This has been one of my best smokes, and I'm at it a few years. Thank you Bear, you have taught me a lot. Ernie

Tried the Canadian Bacon and dried beef (I used venison). Both came out SUPER. This has been one of my best smokes, and I'm at it a few years. Thank you Bear, you have taught me a lot. Ernie
Thank You Much, Ernie!!

I Appreciate the comments!

Bear

Reactions: frankerector
Here is another one I have made several times and failed to leave a comment or a point, Forgive me Bear

points1.png

Gary

Here is another one I have made several times and failed to leave a comment or a point, Forgive me Bear

points1.png

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

This is an Oldie, and this was the first time I ever made Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef in the same smoke---Worked real good!!

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

Back again  Pork Loin in the Fridge

Gary

Step by Steps has its own Icon for quick access on my puter

Gary

Bear,
I finished smoking my first Canadian Bacon this am on my WSM, and they turned out beautifully folowing your Step By Steps. Being that the tenderloin was small to begin with, it took less time than I expected. It tastes as good as it looks! Thanks again for the help.
Mike[ATTACHMENT=3224]IMG_0821.JPG (1,992k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Reactions: ab canuck
Bear must be sending out subliminal mesages, I have Canadian Bacon on the smoker right now

Gary

Bear,
I finished smoking my first Canadian Bacon this am on my WSM, and they turned out beautifully folowing your Step By Steps. Being that the tenderloin was small to begin with, it took less time than I expected. It tastes as good as it looks! Thanks again for the help.
Mike
273672bc_IMG_0821.jpeg
Looks Great Mike!! 
drool.gif

I'll bet that was Tender!! I never made it from Tenderloin--I only use the big old Loins.

Bear

Bear,
Dry curing question-you may never have encountered this, but using your Dry Curing Step By Step process with TQ, if the cured meat does not appear to be pink in the center, what would be your next step? I thought I'd ask this now rather than wait until it happens some day. Thanks.
Mike

Bear,
Dry curing question-you may never have encountered this, but using your Dry Curing Step By Step process with TQ, if the cured meat does not appear to be pink in the center, what would be your next step? I thought I'd ask this now rather than wait until it happens some day. Thanks.
Mike
If that happened to me, and I caught it during my Salt-Fry & cure test, depending on what it was, I would probably Hot Smoke it, so it would get to at least 145° quicker.

However as long as you use the right amount of cure & cure it long enough, that shouldn't happen. My Calculation formula hasn't let me down in 7 years so far.

Bear

Last edited:
Bear,
Thanks for the advice. It's reassuring to know that you haven't had that happen in that long a time, so I expect if I follow the Steps you've outlined the odds of it happening should be low.
By the way, I was talking to my brother ( who lives a bit west of you near Strausstown/Rehrsburg) about the Hot Bacon Dressing. He reminded me that Grandma and Mom used to serve it over sliced/diced boiled potatoes, and it was great that way too.

Bear,
Thanks for the advice. It's reassuring to know that you haven't had that happen in that long a time, so I expect if I follow the Steps you've outlined the odds of it happening should be low.
By the way, I was talking to my brother ( who lives a bit west of you near Strausstown/Rehrsburg) about the Hot Bacon Dressing. He reminded me that Grandma and Mom used to serve it over sliced/diced boiled potatoes, and it was great that way too.
Yup---That's another good thing to do with it, but my favorite is over a plain Lettuce & Tomato salad.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky