Can I smoke meats using the Weber Performer deluxe 22" charcoal grill ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miserkris

Original poster
Jul 15, 2017
Hi all.
Getting this free at work place for anniversary:
Weber Performer deluxe 22" charcoal grill

Already have a Weber spirit 3 burner gas grill and a Weber smoky mountain short vertical smoker...
Need to dispose of one of the 3 lol...question is :

Can I smoke meats using the Weber Performer deluxe 22" charcoal grill ?

Thx...Kris

First things first ,,, Don't get rid of anything .
I smoke on mine all the times as do others . It should come with charcoal baskets , you can use those or several other methods to smoke or cook indirect . I like the snake method for long cooks , but other ways work too .
20200517_090335.jpg

I stopped using gas a while ago. If it was my choice, and I had to get rid of one. I'd keep the WSM and the kettle.

Chris

I'm with the others- keep all three if you can!

If you can't keep all three, I'd probably vote to get rid of the gasser. The other are more versatile than the gas grill in my opinion although I'm sure others could legitimately disagree.

Ha ha thx guys! But gas can be a quick cookout if needed...in 15 mins you have a nice meal !
So Chopsaw you get good results smoking in the Weber Performer deluxe 22" charcoal grill ?
Whats the max you can slow cook ? say can you do 6 hrs? Do you use water to regulate etc.. sorry due to time constraints I only smoked a few times in WSM ,though it was fantastic ....

And since I am not an expert .. whats a "kettle grill"?

How long would it take to setup the
Weber Performer deluxe 22" charcoal grill --from the box ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky