Campfire toast or yard art, you decide!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Every year I try and make a gift or two instead of buying something. So this year I decided to weld up some yard art for the wife. She likes armadillos and online I saw some armadillos made from horse shoes so I gat out the HF flux core welder and bought some shoes. I'm not a welder but t I'm pretty proud of my effort. This will be going to the powder coat shop tomorrow. They'll blast it and coat it in Crimson red. Yeah my wife is a Bama fan.

Put this rib cage over the stove or campfire and make some toast!

That is cool Case, I like it ! I think it could be both, a multi use gift ! Nice welding job !

:2thumbs:

That is cool Case, I like it ! I think it could be both, a multi use gift ! Nice welding job !

:2thumbs:

Thanks Justin! There's a reason there's no close ups! As we say in the boatbuilding realm, epoxy and paint makes me the boat builder I ain't. In this case grinders and sand make me the welder I ain't!

Nice Case!  My GF hates them critters! They're digging up the garden, tormenting thecats, and tunneling under the fences.  I like em!

Mike

Nice Case!  My GF hates them critters! They're digging up the garden, tormenting thecats, and tunneling under the fences.  I like em!

Mike

Thanks! Closest thing we have here are skunks are far as digging up the garden! Porcupines can be a problem sometimes, especially with the the dogs!

Nice job wife will like it I'm sure. Yup putty and caulking cover up a lot although I've never been able to find any 3/4" caulking.

If it matches the bike after being painted,you could use it as a hood ornament LOL

Nice job point for thinking outside the X-Mas box.

Richie

Thats pretty cool. Almost makes up for the crime you committed against those poor tri tips LOL. Great job and she will love it im sure.

Nice job!  I've got a real one digging up my bushes right now.  

I've never seen a live one in the wild!

Dropped it off at the powder coaters yesterday. They'll blast it and coat it and it will be ready for pick up next week.

Looks good to me,,,Not a welder myself,,, Yours looks great (I take all my stuff to my bro to weld, he works a welding shop) 

Nice job 

DS

Looks really nice, sailor! I'd be proud to have one of those in my yard. It would pass for a Raccoon...
As far as garden damage you'd be surprised how much those "cute" little chipmunks do around here. I keep a trap set.....

Looks really nice, sailor! I'd be proud to have one of those in my yard. It would pass for a Raccoon...
As far as garden damage you'd be surprised how much those "cute" little chipmunks do around here. I keep a trap set.....

Thank you!

We coons here, but not in our neighborhood, yet... Porcupines were a problem at our last house. We get skinny nod occasionally but not often, thank god!

I like it and it looks much better then the stuff my mom sticks in her yard. Maybe you can start a ew business!

I like it and it looks much better then the stuff my mom sticks in her yard. Maybe you can start a ew business!

Thanks Bone! Nope no business happening here, I like my hobbies as hobbies. Keeps me sane after working all day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky