Camp chef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just bought my Camp Chef DLX about a month ago and LOVE IT!!!

I ordered on Walmart.com and had it shipped to my local store. It was there in great shape within the week.

I was concerned about the warranty too before I bought the grill. I had heard that Camp Chef offered an extended warranty so I contacted them and got bad/good news.

The bad news was that they did not offer an extended warranty, the good news is that all grills purchased after 1/1/2017 have a three year warranty included. That was the last bit of encouragement I needed to pull the trigger.

I've had my SmokePro DLX for about a month and I love it.  Made the switch from a gas grill and MES to this and I wish I'd done it a long time ago.  I plan on purchasing the sear box...looking at total cost I should have gone with the Woodwind since thats pretty much what I am going to end up spending when it's all said and done.

I have a Camp Chef DLX, chose it for the ability to clean easier than the Traeger.
I think the ash cup is a great feature but I hardly ever get any ash in the the cup and need to still pull it apart from time to time and shop vac out the ash. When it comes to pulling it/them apart they have the exact parts and one is no harder then the other to pull apart and clean

I bought the Camp Chef XXL Vertical a few weeks ago after owning Masterbuilts. I smoked the best brisket I ever had. 17 lb packer cut, long and slow. Easy to control and I even added a smoke tube to be safe, I love it. I have since done Jerky and Sausage. Next is Reverse sear tomahawk chops and ribs. The only question I have is the smoke comes out a hole in the upper third of the right side. Wonderig if I would improve airflow by modding it with an added smokestack.

Wonderig if I would improve airflow by modding it with an added smokestack.

What''s wrong with the airflow now? The fan should be able to ventilate the smoker without any mods.

What''s wrong with the airflow now? The fan should be able to ventilate the smoker without any mods.
I forgot about the fan. It is my first pellet smoker. It seemed that it smoked around the seams when it first started up not not a lot out of the vent. I suppose it is fine because the brisket was great.

Just received and assembled a Camp Chef DLX pro. Did the initial burn in yesterday and went through the shutdown mode. After it cooled down I tried to slide out the ash catch to clean out the ashes left. It will not slide out now to open it. Any comments??

Not to sound too obvious, but did you loosen the knob on the ash catch and lift the little latch?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky