Camp Chef Woodwind

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kathleenmelissa

Original poster
Jun 20, 2020
United States
Hi all -- I'm a total newb and just started diving into pellet smokers. I was leaning toward a Camp Chef Woodwind and just thought I'd get some real-world feedback on top of my review reading, youtube video watching, etc.. Does anyone have one? Let me know what you think. I like the sear box feature of it actually and am gravitating toward that. Would that be good for a first timer?

Last edited:
Reactions: kruizer
Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

I know nothing of the rig you are using but I am sure someone will be along to help you straight away.

JC :emoji_cat:

No experience with but I think the Camp Chef would serve you well. I would also lean towards the PID controller, It keeps your temperatures in check.

Hi and Welcome KM. I don't have one, but I agree the CampChef Woodwind looks like a winner.
I believe they also make some of the Cabela's models and it might be a bit cheaper buying one that route.

Hi and Welcome KM. I don't have one, but I agree the CampChef Woodwind looks like a winner.
I believe they also make some of the Cabela's models and it might be a bit cheaper buying one that route.
CC no longer makes Cabela's smokers. I have the Woodwind w/ Sear Box. I used the Sear Box about 4 or 5 times and decided a hot fry pan with butter does a much better job. I ordered the WiFi/PID upgrade a week ago. I love the grill, just not the Sear Box. Wasted money for me.

I am totally pleased with my Camp Chef Woodwind 24"WiF Grill; and can recommend it highly.
I've had Webers, Weber gas, Pit Barrel Cookers, Kamados etc and the Camp Chef is excellent.
I do not have the sear box; but when I want to grill hotter I use GrillGrates designed for that grill. At 400 degrees on the Woodwind thermometer my GrillGrates are at 525 degrees. You can remove them from the grill when you do not want higher temperature cooks.
GATom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky