Camp Chef Releasing a new Smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I watched the video . He says never saw brisket with bark from a pellet smoker .

He needs to stop by the house .
View attachment 644288
My pellet smoker can do the same, however, pellets just don’t impart that “stick burner” flavor that I’m wanting to achieve. I’ve bought almost every smoke daddy product for my recteq and I still can’t achieve that stick burner flavor profile. I’m still trying to master my new heavy D diffuser from smoke daddy. Temperature swings are just crazy with that thing.

Oh no, now I may have to figure out how to sell used BBQ gear to make room for another rig...
My fingers are crossed that it won't take splits..

Reactions: 912smoker
So it's a comparison of their newest and best against "a competitor's pellet grill". They probably spent considerable effort in finding the very worst competitor's model to use. I'd have found this a lot more convincing if it was a nice Woodwind vs a new Woodwind Pro.

I agree. A comparison between one of their current offerings and the new grill would have been a better marketing scheme.

video out on it now on camp chef,{don't know how to link it here}. the pellet grill has a small box you can add chips or small chunks or charcoal to. it then slides in over the burn box of the pellet grill to ignite that fuel. you can add more fuel during the cook to this box, kind of like a MES smoker system. they have removed the stack on the grill and added two vents on the back to control how much heat and smoke you retain inside the smoker. also have just a fan mode, so can use the grill to cold smoke what you would like.
24'' model starts at $1200, 36'' model starts at $1500. then depends on what add on's you would like.

one thing i notice is that there is no option as of now for a front shelf. the smoke box damper handle would be in the way. that front shelf is a very handy feature to have.

Everyone tries so hard to be a offset without actually being one. At what point do you just get a real one? Much of this perpetuates the myth that offsets are hard to run and take constant attention which they do not. I would say it’s more work to constantly monitor all the electronics people seem to need.

If you have the $1500 to drop on this you most likely have enough to get a decent offset. I get the marketing and I’m sure it’s a nice unit and will perform well enough for most users but I just find it almost amusing how much time and engineering is spent on producing something as close as possible to a offset without being one.

Is this Vimeo one any different?

Addendum: Yes it is. The Vimeo says "you can" close the butterfly choke plate after the burn pot ignites your chunks. The YouTube (which must be newer) says "you then" close the butterfly. Pretty sure if you don't close that off pretty quick you'll have flames from the firebox within minutes! (SmokeDaddy put a lot of effort into their diffuser replacement to keep that from happening. Of course it's more effort loading it with wood fuel than this slide out tray.)

I think this is a winner. The firebox is fairly thick welded stainless so should last a while. My biggest beef is the butterfly handle points the wrong way...sideways to me says the upward flow is stopped, not opened! But that's pretty minimal.
I'd proposed sliding the firebox at right angles, which leaves the crucible available for later searing, but the SideKick is a better searing approach, though you have to hassle with gas. And sliding the firebox this direction makes it easier to reload for cooks over a couple hours, since this "firebox" is pretty small.

Last edited:
one thing i notice is that there is no option as of now for a front shelf. the smoke box damper handle would be in the way. that front shelf is a very handy feature to have.
You could have a low shelf.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky