Calling all WSM users to chat, 6:30

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by bbqpitstop, Sep 26, 2007.

1. bbqpitstop

bbqpitstop Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Okay, I've read the whole web site on using this smoker but I'm still a little confused on how to add more charcoal or wood without removing all the meat and racks...can anyone explain this in layman's terms?

2. I usually just remove the middle section and top in one piece a set to the side. You do have to be careful though.

Bill

3. bbqpitstop

bbqpitstop Meat Mopper OTBS Member

This seems to be the consensus....what a whacky design............

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Not to worry Shely I'll figure it out. I think there's a door on that thing too.

5. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Found this on the virtual weber bullet site. Sounds like you should be able to run the whole cook on one load of fuel ..............BUT

"However, if you've just flat run out of fuel, start another batch in your chimney and add them through the access door using tongs and heat-resistant gloves."

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/tips.html

6. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

The one I used to have (sold it), I added handles on the outside of the middle chamber. That way I could pick up the top two pieces and really get at the charcoal.... if I had too. If all it needed was a shake or additional few pieces.... through the door.