Cajun? Pasta Skillet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kvgsqtii

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 28, 2022
SC
Wanted a quick dinner tonight. We have been doing alot of skillet dinners, its nice to have only one pan to clean up after.

~1.5lb andouille
1lb Cavatapi Pasta
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Package Cream Cheese
1c Heavy Whipping Cream
1T Chili Powder
1T Paprika
1t Garlic Powder
1t Salt
1t Black Pepper
4c water

Andouille I made a couple weeks ago.
20230302_183510.jpg

Into a pan over med heat to get some color.
20230302_184812.jpg

Veggies
20230302_183905.jpg

20230302_184807.jpg

Sausage out and veggies in. Cooked the veggies till they just started to soften.
20230302_185638.jpg

Added the garlic for about a minute and then the tomatoes, pasta, water and spices.
20230302_190410.jpg

Brought that up to a boil, reduced the heat to medium and covered stirring often till the liquid was absorbed and the pasta was tender.

Added the cream cheese and cream, stirred to melt the cream cheese and combine. No pic of it in the skillet, but I did get one of my first bowl.
20230302_193138.jpg

Very good and its getting added to the rotation of skillet meals. Heat level was good, flavor was good, but I thought it was a little flat. Maybe a fresh herb to garnish at the end. What do you guys recommend for next time?

edit: Fix the pics

Last edited:
Very good and its getting added to the rotation of skillet meals. Heat level was good, flavor was good, but I thought it was a little flat. Maybe a fresh herb to garnish at the end. What do you guys recommend for next time?
Looks GREAT! Don 't know if I would change anything.
Smoked Gouda?
Celery seed for and "Old Bay" feel?
Or add Shrimp?
Personally I'd take a bowl......AND seconds please.
Good job,

Don

Reactions: Kvgsqtii
Looks good to me and earned ya a like. The cajun dishes I ran using cajun seasoning turned out far better than a DIY spice profile. I think there is some thyme, file, or other magic in them. One of the coonazzes here turned my onto LeBlancs. From here, I think if you really wanna go for it, using stock made with smoked stuff like hock instead of water.

Looks good to me and earned ya a like. The cajun dishes I ran using cajun seasoning turned out far better than a DIY spice profile. I think there is some thyme, file, or other magic in them. One of the coonazzes here turned my onto LeBlancs. From here, I think if you really wanna go for it, using stock made with smoked stuff like hock instead of water.
I'll try that for next time. I have used Tony Chacheres in the past and we like it on grilled fish alot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Looks GREAT! Don 't know if I would change anything.
Smoked Gouda?
Celery seed for and "Old Bay" feel?
Or add Shrimp?
Personally I'd take a bowl......AND seconds please.
Good job,

Don
I'm sure my wife would love the addition of shrimp. Thanks for the suggestion.
Looks absolutely delicious!!! Nice one.
Thanks for the like
Good looking pastalaya
Pastalaya, I'm stealing that one
Looks and sounds good! I’m all about some One pot meals.
Jim
We love one pot meals for weeknights.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky