Cajun Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zammy758

Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
West Florida
We usually do this dish in the oven but decided to throw this recipe in the MES 30 yesterday. Peppers, onions, celery, garlic, and a few Hatch chilies for good measure sauteed in the pan with a lot of Cajun seasoning.

RG18lBdH_o.jpg

I use a mixture of about 60% ground chuck and 40% ground pork to make a 2# loaf, all mixed up with the veggies and spices.

rPPGpLOu_o.jpg

I lined a 5 x 7 disposable loaf pan with heavy duty foil and spray with vegetable oil before stuffing it all in and coating with some ketchup. With regular meatloaf I think some BBQ sauce would be good but I didn't want that flavor in with the Cajun seasonings.

ytv0yNIM_o.jpg

I set the smoker for 235 and used Todd's Pitmaster blend in the AMPS, after 1 hour the meatloaf is firm enough to take it out of the pan and roll the foil down so the smoke can get all around. I just left it on the rolled down foil on the rack for about 2 hours until the IT hit 155-157 and we're ready to eat after resting for 10 minutes. It turned out juicier than in the oven so I'll definitely do it this way again.

2H0lrXhp_o.jpg

4WZhbf3O_o.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky