Cajun Lady from Prairieville LA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cajun Lady

Original poster
Feb 17, 2019
I’ve had my Masterbuilt electric smoker for a few years. Always looking for new ideas. Thinking about a rump roast this afternoon, but afraid it will come out too dry. Got one at Albertsons on sale a few weeks ago. Thawed yesterday. Any suggestions?

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. You might want to think about seasoning it up and doing it in the slow cooker or instant pot. It is too late to smoke for dinner today.

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. You might want to think about seasoning it up and doing it in the slow cooker or instant pot. It is too late to smoke for dinner today.
It’s only about 2 lbs.

Welcome to the forum Cajun Lady, happy to have ya join the fun. My suggestion would be to season it and sear the outside. Then smoke it to 120* and let the carry over cooking bring it up to 125*. Slice it thin, place it on a slice of bread and give a good shot of beef gravy. Open faced roast beef sammies are favorite around here.

Chris

My thoughts, too. Already lightly seared in olive oil & spicy Montreal steak in cast iron. I Think I will inject as well and take it to about 135 then wrap. My husband hates rare meat (ruined). Not sure if I should try 200 or 225 for smoker temperature, though. And I can’t decide if I should put it on the grate with the pan below or leave in the pan.

That should work just fine. Be sure to watch the internal temp of the beef and you should not have dryness

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky