Cajun Injector Creole Smoked Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkriet

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Dayton, OH
I've done several whole chickens in the past, and usually just do BBQ chicken smoked with Hickory. I decided I wanted to try something different, so I decided to use a creole butter marinade that I used with a turkey a couple weeks ago.

I started this morning by spatchcocking the chicken, and injecting with Cajun Injector Creole Butter. I then seasoned the bird with Cajun seasoning, rosemary, thyme, basil, and oregano. I also put a few slices of stick butter under the skin of the chicken. I then placed in the fridge while I went to work.

When I got home I pulled the chicken out and got the WSM 18.5 fired up. I usually smoke with hickory, but decided to try a blend of hickory, cherry, and apple tonight. I let all the vents wide open, and the smoker ran at about 340-350.

I cooked until 165 IT, and pulled to rest for about 15 minutes. I then cut open and served it up. Juiciest chicken I ever ate. Viola.....

Reactions: b-one and SmokinAl
Looks outstanding!  Going to do one on Saturday - along with a pork butt, brisket and country spare ribs :)  Might have to do a bit of injection...good work here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky