Cabinet Style Cleaning Idea

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
It's kind of a silly idea. I finished cutting in a butterfly vent in the side of my cabinet and was cleaning out the metal chips when I thought of it. The inside is hard to clean and a pain. So I lined it with aluminum foil, and held the foil in place with small button magnets. Since the cabinet doesn't get too hot, the magnets should hold up. It took five minutes to line it which is much less than cleaning it. I know it is crooked, I'm not any good at wrapping presents either.

7BB1F426-00BA-4141-A953-DFD5A7B5BAB9_1_201_a.jpeg

676C2DAB-8C74-43AB-9F5B-8D44117821E8_1_201_a.jpeg

they all need a touch of cleaning and that's a great idea to help clean up, that would work well for folks with pellet smokers that want to put foil on the drip tray and not have the wind blow it all around.

Reactions: JC in GB
The only time I clean the inside is if the build up starts flaking. I do clean the racks after every cook. The bottom if the grease build up is looking like a fire hazard.
Good point Jake.

Warren

I like to cook for friends. As such, I am very careful to keep everything clean. I would guess that the renderings and sugars from brine solutions probably make a good breeding ground for bad things. I would bet, the salts used in brines, are probably the culprit to the bottoms rusting out in the steel cabinets. Certainly not scientific by any means.

Cool idea. Keep this in mind with the magnets though

Yea, I know about that. That could be the weak point in this hare-brained idea. Like Musk, I'll just build a better rocket next time.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Nothing wrong with things being clean.
My Master Built 40" propane is over 8 years old the only rust it has if you want to say it is is where the burner flames are. Not really rust in my book but from the heat.

Warren

Dang magnets, always a blame catch to the best idea's lol

I tested the foil magnets with a ham over 6 hours at about 250*. They all held. I think the cabinet metal acts like a heat-sink and keeps them cool. The foil makes it a lot easier to see what's going on inside the cabinet.

IMG_0466.jpeg

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky