Cabelas pellets manufacturer and a simple recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
Can anyone confirm (or deny) that the Cabela's brand pellets are made by Lumberjack? I can get them for 5.55$/20lb bag. Going to try them regardless at that price.

And just for the record, when I saw a movie reference about "I hear you knockin' but you can't come in" - I thought of Christine. The John Carpenter movie based on Stephen Kings novel.

And just for the other record, I don't post a ton here, and I am terrible about not taking pics of food I cook, but youse guys are the best!

No pic - but here is a delicious random recipe I made for me and the lady this week.

Deconstructed Stuffed Poblanos
6 poblano peppers, chopped and lightly sauted
12 oz whipped cream cheese. (It was on sale so I used whipped. Finished texture was really good)
16 oz breakfast sausage browned. I use Neese's as I think it is the only commercial sausage that hits like homemade
8 oz shedded cheddar

8 oz somewhat cooked chopped bacon.

Mix first 4 ingredients together and place in baking dish. Top with bacon. Bake (or smoke) 20-25 mins @ 400.

Keto friendly and delicious. So much easier than prepping ABT's! I made a batch with jalapeno too as she wasn't sure she would like poblanos. I prefer poblanos...

Last edited:
3-4 years ago, when I bought some Cabela's apple pellets, the address on the bag was the exact same as Lumberjack. That's not to say Lumberjack makes them today though.....

Reactions: tallbm
Can anyone confirm (or deny) that the Cabela's brand pellets are made by Lumberjack? I can get them for 5.55$/20lb bag. Going to try them regardless at that price.

And just for the record, when I saw a movie reference about "I hear you knockin' but you can't come in" - I thought of Christine. The John Carpenter movie based on Stephen Kings novel.

And just for the other record, I don't post a ton here, and I am terrible about not taking pics of food I cook, but youse guys are the best!

No pic - but here is a delicious random recipe I made for me and the lady this week.

Deconstructed Stuffed Poblanos
6 poblano peppers, chopped and lightly sauted
12 oz whipped cream cheese. (It was on sale so I used whipped. Finished texture was really good)
16 oz breakfast sausage. I use Neese's as I think it is the only commercial sausage that hits like homemade
8 oz shedded cheddar

8 oz somewhat cooked chopped bacon.

Mix first 4 ingredients together and place in baking dish. Top with bacon. Bake (or smoke) 20-25 mins @ 400.

Keto friendly and delicious. So much easier than prepping ABT's! I made a batch with jalapeno too as she wasn't sure she would like poblanos. I prefer poblanos...
Going to have to try that pepper recipe, would make a great side or dip - Thanks

Tis a side AND a dip. I make it chunkier as a side. I forgot to add that it needs a healthy dose of black pepper but what doesn't lol!

I put a big dollop of it in my scrambled eggs this morning. It was pretty righteous.

Tis a side AND a dip. I make it chunkier as a side. I forgot to add that it needs a healthy dose of black pepper but what doesn't lol!

I put a big dollop of it in my scrambled eggs this morning. It was pretty righteous.
Made this tonight...will post later but OMG!

I humbly apologize to you and the other members and readers of the forum for being snarky.
I was happy to get the PS Seasonings link as I didn't have it book marked. Nice to know that is the Bass Pro /Cabelas branded seasoning origin.
I don't use any store purchased seasonings due to the added salt and sugar. Got the high blood pressure (HBP) that comes with aging.
Months ago we went through the supplier of pellets and another person reported they are now Bear Mountain. I haven't had the chance to actually compare the pellets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky