Buying meat online?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

candurin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
Just looking for any recommendations for online purchasing of meat (racks of ribs, packers, busts, etc.)?

Our local butcher is an hour away and our local Walmart, sams club and grocery stores are still a zoo and simply are not offering 10lb+ cuts for whatever reason.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: ButcherBart
Not sure where you are located but if you have them around check with local farmers. Have noticed around here that farmers that normally only sell half/whole animals are now selling by the pound or cut on both beef and pork.

Reactions: hawtsauc3
CBP is solid. I spent a long time looking for online meat - its spendy! I buy some CBP, but mostly mask up and hit costco as little as possible and fill the freezer. our recently started offering instacart too. ribs and basics coming via instacart today - first time using. but delivery sounds dreamy. the costcos here and kinda insane - as it sounds like yours are. isnt sams doing a curbside pick up?

We have a local meat cutter/butcher/wholesaler/retailer that is delivering packs of meat... $100/$150/$250 with burger, steaks roasts.... I have to drive 1 mile to a local deliveriy point to pick it up.... It's all restaurant quality meat.... Very good....
I saw he was delivering on FaceBook .... WOW !!!! It's 25 mile to my place.....
Check your local FB for businesses advertising.... You may find something you like...

2020-04-30.png

Unfortunately, down in south jersey we have slim pickings for decent butchers. I’ve never used FB but I’ll have my wife see if anyone local is offering up packages. Thanks for the feedback!

we have done Shwans, excellent quality! THE place to get Orange Roughy! And we used to belong to The Rich Plan, but then moved around too much to make it feasible. Great quality! Would buy a side of beef every 6 months!

Last edited:
I would recommend trying to track down a shop that can order a half a pig or 1/4 cow even if it means a drive. Given the meat shortages and restrictions here we ordered a whole pig and may do a 1/4 pig to split with the in-laws. I prefer fresh but things are different right now

Just looking for any recommendations for online purchasing of meat (racks of ribs, packers, busts, etc.)?

Our local butcher is an hour away and our local Walmart, sams club and grocery stores are still a zoo and simply are not offering 10lb+ cuts for whatever reason.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I think Costco has really good meat, and great deals if you wait for them. Sometimes I order online, can be pricy, but I usually compare on https://www.butcherboxusa.co/ and use promo codes to make it more affordable. Aside from that, just check out local butchers in your town, can't go wrong with that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky