Buying a used Rec Tec???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pastor

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
Byron Center (Grand Rapids), MI
Hi Folks! I have been over in the electric forums trying to learn about which model to buy next.  I have an older- but good- Brinkman wood burner that I would like to give a much needed rest.  What to buy next is the question.  Relatively new to smoking- I really like the idea of set it and forget it. So I have been looking at the electric models.  But then yesterday I came over to the pellet poopers and became intrigued.  They are a bit pricey for me however.  Would anyone reccommend buying a used model of some sorts? I was very impressed with the Rec Tec but a bit out of my budget.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rec Tec has 6 months same as cash right now. Not sure you'll ever find a used one though. On a rare occasion I've come across a Traeger on CL, but I was hunting almost daily by using Traeger as the key word . You might consider a Traeger Jr. if you don't need a large grill. I've done 16lb Briskets on mine & had excellent results. All I can say though is, once you go pellets you'll never go back.
smiley_snowball.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky