Buttermilk battered Fried Wild Turkey nuggets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Had to make a little room in the freezers after our big deer and wild hog processing day so pulled out the turkey breasts from last season to cook this week. Had 5 Turkey breasts. I cut the large end off and set aside for cured smoked honey glazed turkey. Those are in the cure right now. The tenderloins and the thin triangle flat we cut into nuggets and fried for supper tonight.

1582760717209.jpeg

The plate...

Cajun pasta with butter and Tony's, Caesar Salad, Fried turkey nuggets and homemade Steen's and creole mustard dipping sauce.
1582761397972.jpeg

So good....

I'll post the smoked turkey breast when they hit the smokehouse in about 7 days.....

Egg Wash:
3 cups buttermilk
3 eggs
1 TBSP. Crystals Louisiana Hot Sauce

Flour mix:
4 cups plain flour
3/4 cup corn starch
3 TBSPS. Cajun Seasoning

into the egg wash to soak for about an hour, then flour in a batter bowl, place on a paper plate to sit for about 4-5 minutes. then fry @ 350* for 3 minutes.

Reactions: buzzy
Man, inda it looks really good and such a simple dish! I would love a plate of that.

Good idea with the turkey nuggets, if I ever get an air fryer, I’ll be sure to make those.

Dang man that looks so damn good. I could kill a plate of that! Don't have any wild turkey but have a few breasts in the freezer might have to try that out. I am going to have to look up that creole mustard dipping sauce!

Dang man that looks so damn good. I could kill a plate of that! Don't have any wild turkey but have a few breasts in the freezer might have to try that out. I am going to have to look up that creole mustard dipping sauce!
It's an easy sauce to make... just adjust the amounts of steens and creole mustard to your liking. Some like it sweet with more syrup, some like it tangy with more mustard.

sure does look good, never had Cajun spaghetti, may have to try that.
Awesome plate of goodies there. Sure could settle in to that plate.

Warren
That is a plate of pure down home goodness.
Thanks guys!

Looks great! Basically the same process/recipe I found from the Drury's. Maybe they stole it from you. ;)

I tried the buttermilk/dry batter method a few times and was happy with it. Then I decided to try beer batter and can say it leaves the meat even juicier. Basically copying a McDonald's chicken mcnugget.

3 minutes at 350 is key though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky