Butterflied Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmw6300

Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Roxborough, CO
Decided to smoke up one of Jeff's recent recipes. Got up at 6 am to get the butt on at 7.

20220409_085403.jpg

Then my son wanted to make some ABT's so just threw those on for a few hours.

20220409_112952.jpg

Looking forward to a late lunch or early dinner!

Chad

Nice, can’t go wrong with some smoked pork butt and ABT’s! BTW, if ya have some butt leftover… freeze and next time you do ABT’s, put some mixed or just topped with the cream cheese before wrapping the bacon! Kinda kicks it up a notch!

The butt fell apart while taking it off the smoker so that is a win. There is definitely a lot more bark with this method, as that is the whole point of butterflying it in the first place. I have figured out that I don't necessarily need that much bark so will be sticking to just doing a whole butt without butterflying it out in the future. It tasted great though along with a generous addition of soflaquer's finishing sauce!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky