Butt on my new WSM with Q-View smoked with Cherry and Hickory

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dk666

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
OK finally got to really break in the new WSM 

Had a small 6 pound Butt That I rubbed last nite then put Brown Sugar over the top and wrapped in plastic 

Pulled it out bright and early at the ungodly hr of 6AM !!!! 
icon_eek.gif
 I am not a morning person plus the temp was 38 this morn !!!. dusted with more rub then used Hickory and Cherry. Temp held pretty much around 250ish most of the day with all vents closed on the bottom , Spritzed with Apple juice after 6 hrs Took about 11hrs to finally get to 195 then I pulled it off the WSM and covered with a foil tent till I pulled it . 

It came out great gave some to my neighbor he loved it too, only one not happy with it is Thor my Husky he figures there won't be much left for him this week !!! LOL 

Rubbed and wrapped for the nite 

7d3a89b2_5132162199_f0a9050b58_z.jpg

Ready to put on the WSM 

a85ca459_5132162701_0d8302129f_z.jpg

Ready to spray with Apple Juice after 6 hours on the WSM

6ec7eef3_5132163155_67c9a14d4e_z.jpg

Took it off at 195 and getting ready to pull

de1a78d1_5134370179_334cbeb7c3_z.jpg

Pulled and ready for sandwiches !!!!

8353eb56_5134970176_dd472abf3a_z.jpg

Looks like the WSM was treating ya good. Great Job

icon_cool.gif

I also agree with both of theses guys and say that you have gone a fine job on thst butt.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks great and prolly tasted even better
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Grats on the WSM! Nice way to break it in, that butt looks awesome..... I'm sure Thore got a scrap or five.... lol.

Looks awesome! Is that your husky in your avatar? What a beautiful dog. They are so elegant to me.

Grats on the WSM! Nice way to break it in, that butt looks awesome..... I'm sure Thore got a scrap or five.... lol.

Yah he got a little last nite !!! he made sure to remind me that he's here and expects some !!! 
icon_smile.gif

Yah he got a little last nite !!! he made sure to remind me that he's here and expects some !!! 
icon_smile.gif
LOL... my dogs lay down right in the walk path between the back door and the kitchen, so I have to step over them carring the meat..... I think their plan is to hope I trip and drop the whole damn thing.

Great looking pulled Pork there dk666!

BTW: Tell Thor to stop running around so much. It's making you all out of breath! 
wink.gif

LOL,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky