Busy fatty day.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Central Indiana
So I ground 18 lbs of sausage last wekend.  This weekend it was time to make some fatties and stock up the freezer. I did 5 lbs of chicken and 5 lbs of breakfast sausage and my smoker fits about 8 fatties comfortably so I did 3 chicken cordon bleu, 2 chicken florentine and 3 blueberry pancake.

Chicken "sausage"

5 lbs chicken thighs

1 lb bacon

1 tbsp salt

1 tbsp CBP

1/2 olive oil

2 tbsp granulated garlic

1/2 pancko bread crumbs

Breakfast Sausage:

5 lbs pork shoulder

3 tsp salt (reduced from 5 tsp)

1 1/4 tsp coriander

1 1/4 tsp CBP

2 1/2 tsp dried parley

1 1/4 tsp Thyme

1 tsp red pepper flakes

1 1/4 tsp sage

ground both sausuage through medium grind

Chicken Cordon Bleu - chicken "sausage", spicy brown / yellow mustard, swiss cheese, sliced and shredded, diced ham.

9989138d_IMG_4219.jpg

Florentine - Chicken Sausage, sliced chicken (I like to use a little bit of "lunch meat" chicken to help in case of blowouts, which are notorious, at least for me with ground chicken, Provolone and spinach.

d1d1fb1d_IMG_4221.jpg

Finished chicken fatties, just realized I didnt take any pics of the blueberry before or after... DOH.

746d1d83_IMG_4223.jpg

8b5d645c_IMG_4224.jpg

Sealed and ready for their nap

c075c50d_IMG_4225.jpg

Before they are sealed, I wrap them in wax paper and put a label with the contents and some reheating instruction, just in case I need a gift.

Thanks for lQQing

Gifts? Hmm. Great idea!

They work great as gifts.  What do you get the Aunt, Uncle or Parent that has everything.  My family loves these and I usually do a couple of different kinds.  They pull it out of the freezer, remove a slice (since I pre-slice them) heat it up and instant meal....

icon_cool.gif

Now thats a fattie farm there Brian. You will have fattiesfor awihle now.

They look great and I love the vacuum seal and freeze idea...

I told my wife about the gift thing. She thinks it's a great idea too. How unique, and I've never had anybody taste one that didn't just love 'em. Thanks Brian

Gifts? Hmm. Great idea!

They work great as gifts.  What do you get the Aunt, Uncle or Parent that has everything.  My family loves these and I usually do a couple of different kinds.  They pull it out of the freezer, remove a slice (since I pre-slice them) heat it up and instant meal....

What a nice set of fatties! Thanks for such a great post - lot of good ideas here.  I really like the way you do the labels for the freezer, and pre-slicing. Thanks for those tips!  cheers!

What a nice set of fatties! Thanks for such a great post - lot of good ideas here.  I really like the way you do the labels for the freezer, and pre-slicing. Thanks for those tips!  cheers!

Thanks Barbe Queen, one more hint I should put out there.  Ink Jet printers are not a good idea if you use your computer to print labels.  The ink will run if there is any moisture present.  You could always make up a master set of labels and use a photocopier (laser type) if you dont have a laser printer.Luckily I have a very nice laser jet at work (I actually work for Hewlett Packard) that I can print out stuff on.

Thanks everyone for reading this thread.  I'm glad I am able to contribute just a little bit back to this community.

That blueberry pancake one sounds awesome.  They all look good though.  Any chance you could be persuaded to share the info for the pancake fatties?  

Last edited:
That blueberry pancake one sounds awesome.  They all look good though.  Any chance you could be persuaded to share the info for the pancake fatties?  

Unfortunately, I did not take picks this time around.  I do have a thread from awhile ago showing a blueberry pancake fatty.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...-savory-one-sweet-savory-w-q-view#post_515509

I did get the idea from this thread originally:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/70324/blueberry-pancake-breakfast-fatty

Unfortunately, I did not take picks this time around.  I do have a thread from awhile ago showing a blueberry pancake fatty.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...-savory-one-sweet-savory-w-q-view#post_515509

I did get the idea from this thread originally:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/70324/blueberry-pancake-breakfast-fatty

Thanks for the links.  Again, great looking fatties!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky