burgs brats & beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looks good, ever try smoking the beans? put them in a tin and put them into the smoker (no lid) stir every 15 min or so, really good smoky flavor.

never tried that- may have to. i clean & pick(rocks& 1/2 beans out), add fiesta fajita season,garlic,1/2 onion,comino(cumin fer ya yankees),2 hocks,boil up- down to simmer.. after 4 hrs add a can of rotels & 1 beer(killians or arrogant bastard ale ( miller or bud just don't cut it).another dash of garlic & fajita spice, slow simmer- when the ladle(6-8hrs)busts the hock down- i set on stove for 2 hrs to cool- skim off a bit of the fat & set in fridge overnight- serve next day.( save that fat for doing refrieds or tamale meat)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky