Burgers on Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Hello

How do you recommend doing 1/4lb burgers on the Traeger? They are what I would consider on the thinner side (butcher pre made some burgers from part of a beef that we purchased).

What temp and how long should
I plan for?

I really do not like to run my Traeger much higher than 300*.

I would typically just do these on the gas grill, but I may need to do a larger quantity some looking for more cooking space.

Burgers need high heat and I don't the Traeger is the best tool for the job. For larger quantities, grill on the gas, and then keep warm in a turkey roaster. SIL likes to add beef stock and minced onion (onion soup mix works).

You could cook some of the burgers on the Traeger at the highest heat you feel comfortable with until they are almost done, then seer them for a minute or so each side on your gas grill before serving. This will only take a couple minutes but it might be a way to cook larger quantities.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky