Burgers for dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Simple burgers off the grill. With lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and bacon. And a side of onion rings.

20200529_182542.jpg

Now for the difference. This goes out to Bear, Bearcarver Bearcarver . Awhile back we had a talk about the McDonalds sauce. And using Krafts sandwich spread as a base.
So, I mixed a 50/50 ratio of the sandwich spread, and Russian dressing. And added it to my burgers.

20200529_182511.jpg

I must say. It was very good. Still a tad off from what I was looking for. I think it needed some minced onions and a touch of sugar yet. Next time...

Simple, basic, to-the-point, and delicious. Doesn't get much better than that. Great job Steve!! I'll take a couple of those please :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Mac sauce has a bit of Dill relish in it too as I recall. Been many years since I've had a big Mac.

Perhaps adding a more bread and butter flavored relish would help with your sugar problem as well

Mac sauce has a bit of Dill relish in it too as I recall. Been many years since I've had a big Mac.

Perhaps adding a more bread and butter flavored relish would help with your sugar problem as well
Thank you, I'll give that a try.

Looks great Steve.!! You just can’t beat good burgers. I had a couple bison burgers last night

Couple of fine looking burgers there Steve, the O-rings are a nice change from fries too. Every once in a while when I'm having a burger I'll make a heavy sweet pickle relish thousand island to put on it just to change things up, a grilled Rueben too. I haven't been to a McDonalds in so long I can't remember what their burgers taste like, I think I'm pretty glad about that. RAY

I haven't been to a McDonalds in so long I can't remember what their burgers taste like,

I'd be happy to remind you but I'd probably get banned for using bad language :emoji_wink: Suffice it to say....YUCK!! Obviously that's just my opinion. Apparently some people like McDonald's because they sell a lot of burgers but they haven't seen any of my $$ for many years.

Robert

Great looking meal steve! Just a question but what is russian dressing? We love the sandwich spread on burgers and for tarter sauce, thanks to Bearcarver Bearcarver for mentioning it.

Ryan

Looks good Steve. I have 1 Big Mac per year. LOL. I would definitely try this at home. We make a lot of burgers, and I've never thought of Russian Dressing on them. Heinz 57, A-1, etc.

Mike

Looks good Steve. I have 1 Big Mac per year. LOL. I would definitely try this at home. We make a lot of burgers, and I've never thought of Russian Dressing on them. Heinz 57, A-1, etc.

Mike
Thank you! We very rarely eat at McDonalds either. But I do like their special sauce. I used to have a recipe that came very, very close to it. But I've seemed to have lost it.

Looks good . Just bought a new jar of the sandwich spread . Good stuff . I like the toppings on that burger , adds some crunch .

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky