Building from Scratch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine is, that was a picture of the small one my son is using right now

Gary

Ok, one more weekend turns into 3 more weekends. However getting very close.
I need some advice on some paint. Anyone have any thoughts on type of paint.

Rustoleum from depot still looks like the best bang for the buck, probably what I'll use again for the umpteenth time.....I keep trying to find something that will hold a satin or semi gloss and be easier to wipe clean, but I can't find anything with any decent heat rating. Thurmalux has black metallic rated at something like 1200* ( about the same as rustoleum flat black ) that I may try, and a clear coat rated around 600* that I'm thinking I may try on the cooking chamber to see if it helps with clean up. I need to get back on the phone with the tech line and get some more specs on it first, before I order it.

Looking good. Im using the rustoleum satin black high heat in the quart can for my build. Its what ive always used and seems to hold up well for my pits.

Hope it cooks as good as it looks.
I used a infrared thermo to check areas on top half of cooking chamber and it is within 10 degrees for most part.
My daughter told me to buy a brisket, pork but, ribs and cook them all together as she loves smoked food.
During burnout today she couldnt help herself and put frozen burrito on. Ok it did taste a little smokey.

Good looking smoker Great Job !!

Gary      Food looks good too.

My horse just called-he wants his shoes back! :biggrin:

Nice build, btw. Your maiden run looks like a winner. Dang I had breakfast an hour ago and now I'm hungry again!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky