Building a smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shanemill02

Original poster
Nov 27, 2016
Ive been looking at smoker designs and think im going to try and build a dbl offset as to where i can achieve a more even smoke with smoke entering from both sides of smoker. maybe add dampers for even more control. Any thoughts good or bad would be welcome

I feel the fire boxes would battle each other with draft, but maybe not. The "smoke" would be even front to back no matter what even with a single firebox the biggest thing is temperatures which if built right you should be able to maintain good temps even with a single fire box. My cook chamber is 15 feet long and is only 25 degrees off from one end to the next. I wouldn't go that complicated, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Im thinking smaller. but posible to divide and make it two chamber. So i can smoke two different meats at different temps and different wood if wanted. Ive been into steel work for 20+ years so building it is no problem. Make it to where i can insert or remove a sealed divider. But it may not work.lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky