Bugs-N-Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I actually did not know they were in PA...going to have to search for some...maybe keep them in one of my fish tanks. Besides dropping a trap, how else can you catch them?
When we were kids we would catch them with our fingers. Net works good. They like to swim backwards so put the net behind them and use a stick in front of them and they swim into the net. You can also kick stones in the creek and have a net downstream to catch them.

AWWWWW MAN... Had I known... We coulda worked something out and came down ... you guys got me hooked on em at Jerry's ... I tried getting some for the S FL. Gathering but they are out of season in Nov.

Yeah i could have ordered 20 lbs

There was a crawfish restaurant in Seattle that got themselves into big trouble a couple years ago, by getting in live crayfish from some connection down South. Apparently, it's against the law to transport them live, as they could get released somehow and upset the local ecosystem.

There was a crawfish restaurant in Seattle that got themselves into big trouble a couple years ago, by getting in live crayfish from some connection down South. Apparently, it's against the law to transport them live, as they could get released somehow and upset the local ecosystem.

I do believe you can order them live.. with pick up at the airport the next day ...

Reactions: TNJAKE
It is a problem starting in the great lakes from introduced southern red swamp crayfish in Lake Erie.

Reactions: chopsaw
I actually did not know they were in PA...going to have to search for some...maybe keep them in one of my fish tanks. Besides dropping a trap, how else can you catch them?

Exactly what Peachy said, but be ready with a net behind them, because when they want to they can move like they're Jet Propelled, In Reverse. We used to just grab them behind the claws, with thumb & index finger.
As for where??--flip the rocks over that are submerged or partially submerged. LOL Usually one under each rock. Like I said---LOL.

Bear

Reactions: clifish
When i got the 30lbs up in Lehighton i found a turtle at the bottom of the sack.
Took to the creek with a few of his bug friends and let em go.

Prob messed up the coalcracker echosystem

When i got the 30lbs up in Lehighton i found a turtle at the bottom of the sack.
Took to the creek with a few of his bug friends and let em go.

Prob messed up the coalcracker echosystem

LOL---No way---I got some Beth Steel Buddies from up there.
You can't mess up that ecosystem!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky