Buffalo newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kenbo21

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
East amherst ny
My name is Ken. I live in East Amherst NY. I just today got my 30 gallon pit barrel smoker. I have my fantasy football draft a week from today and want to do pulled pork. I have never smoked meat before and am very excited but kinda nervous. I really don't wanna mess it up and def want to impress my buddies with it. Any advice and help would be great. I did just order a maverick 732 and have a local place called adventures in smoke. The kit came with rubs but I kinda need to know what else it will need. So please feel free any help would be much appreciated

Hello and welcome to the forum, Great place to learn and share and a bunch of good people. Looks good !!

Gary S

Welcome to SMF. I right up the road in rochester but work brings me to Buffalo at least a couple times a week. You also have a great place called the sausage maker. They are located on clinton st and are a sponsor here.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Hey Ken

Welcome to the Smoking forum. You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have. Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right. LOL. Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Welcome to our World , Kenbo. Hope you stay with us.

You'll love the Mini , if you have time , do some Chicken and get to learn your Smoker.

You'll do pretty good on the Butt , They are hard to mess-up. When the bone slides out , it's done .
drool.gif

This will take from 1.5 to 2 hrs.per pound of raw meat. You'll need to learn to let her go and do it's thing.

Have fun and . . .

Thanks for the comments guys. I have done chicken and pork shoulder. They both came out great. Now I just got a 8lb pork butt from redlinskis. It's a local butcher and was $2.99lb I thought it was a good price. I have my fantasy football draft this Saturday and want to do pulled pork for everyone. I can't decide to do it Friday night or wake up early Saturday??? I've never ran the pit this long but my maverick 732 just came in and imma use that clearly. So I think imma go ahead and do it Friday night and just put in oven Saturday to warm up??? Good idea? Than I don't have to rush Saturday morning

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky