Buffalo/garlic Parmesan wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdmucf

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Lithia, Florida
Doing wings on the green egg for the first time. Injected with frank’s red hot buffalo wing sauce, have them going at about 250 with some hickory and cherry wood chunks for good measure. Going to toss them in garlic Parmesan sauce at the end. Picture below is when I just put them on the egg.

Attachments

• F769BAB5-705F-4FD2-AE6C-D6D7014A509A.jpeg
    F769BAB5-705F-4FD2-AE6C-D6D7014A509A.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 41
Oh good lord. I never thought of doing that. You must give the details after your hot date with these babes.

You injected them with Franks? I gots to see this! Point. And watching.
I actually melted 3 tbsp butter on low in a pot and then mixed it with frank’s red hot buffalo wing sauce and some garlic powder and some tony’s Creole seasoning. To be fair, I got the injecting of the wings from this site when I did my very first smoke and wanted to try out the smoker. All of the people on here have been fantastically helpful and patient when I have been looking for something or needing to ask a stupid question. I come here first and search anytime I am going to smoke something new or even sometimes something I have done before. Just glad I can every once in a while pay it back.

I actually melted 3 tbsp butter on low in a pot and then mixed it with frank’s red hot buffalo wing sauce and some garlic powder and some tony’s Creole seasoning. To be fair, I got the injecting of the wings from this site when I did my very first smoke and wanted to try out the smoker. All of the people on here have been fantastically helpful and patient when I have been looking for something or needing to ask a stupid question. I come here first and search anytime I am going to smoke something new or even sometimes something I have done before. Just glad I can every once in a while pay it back.

I'm just thinking that after you injected them. Then grilled them with some spices. Then gave them a hot oil bath to give them some crunch. Oh my!

I'm just thinking that after you injected them. Then grilled them with some spices. Then gave them a hot oil bath to give them some crunch. Oh my!
Actually I just turn the grill up to high heat and let them crisp up on the grill instead of frying. Works like a charm.

And here they are after my attempt at garlic Parmesan sauce in which to toss them.

Attachments

• 290EBD38-0699-4FB1-BC21-C471D2B5D483.jpeg
    290EBD38-0699-4FB1-BC21-C471D2B5D483.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 42
I can't stand the parm/garlic craze on wings. However the Frank's injection interests me greatly. That might make that combination just interesting enough to try!

Honestly I prefer it without the garlic Parmesan. Family requests the injected wings anytime they visit so I typically do it with just the injected sauce and then I toss it in the sauce with some creole seasoning before going on the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky