Buckboard Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wboggs

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 27, 2018
Temple, TX
I use High Mountain Seasonings spice mix because it's so good I'd hate to be disappointed trying something else. I also use this cure on pork loin for Canadian Bacon. I smoke it to 140+ a tad so when sliced I can either fry for breakfast or make a ham sandwich out of it. I tie boneless butts so they stay together after cooking. Starts with brine, ends with sliced bacon. My Golden Retriever gets the scraps from slicing so every time that slicer starts up, there she is.

100_0543.jpg
100_0544.jpg
100_0545.jpg
100_0546.jpg
100_0547.jpg

Nice job. What temp did you smoke them at?

Nice job. What temp did you smoke them at?
Smoked at 225. I don't do anything at higher temps unless it's a typical oven recipe like the Tomato Pie, bread or pizza. I have an insulated Stumps Smoker with a Stoker fire control and the computer keeps it within 2 degrees throughout the cook and alerts you if it changes beyond the parameters you set and tells you when it's done and keeps it warm till you get it. So when I smoke butts for pullet pork, I put them in at about 9PM and they're ready for dinner the next night.

Reactions: nanuk
Smoked at 225. I don't do anything at higher temps unless it's a typical oven recipe like the Tomato Pie, bread or pizza. I have an insulated Stumps Smoker with a Stoker fire control and the computer keeps it within 2 degrees throughout the cook and alerts you if it changes beyond the parameters you set and tells you when it's done and keeps it warm till you get it. So when I smoke butts for pullet pork, I put them in at about 9PM and they're ready for dinner the next night.
That is right down handy. I’m looking at the Assassin 24.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky