Buckboard Bacon and beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnatboy911

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 4, 2017
Western, CO
I took the end chunks from my BBB I just finished up and put it in the slow cooker with some pinto beans. I prefer black eyed peas, but this is all we had on hand at the moment.

c87491627729dca0f86f2e24192af422.jpg

1ffa09c898add10dc37d5d5db34d9407.jpg

Pinto beans, BBB chunks, onions, a few garlic cloves, black pepper, and water.

Put it in there last night to soak overnight. Started it this morning.

615a52ba2d815d4ba9d9b89962f93520.jpg

This is what I had when I came home from work.

6e016aaf184314042eb785be6baabc7e.jpg

Gotta have cornbread. I could eat cornbread with every meal. I love it.

204335bcdb658039aab9748bcac354b7.jpg

Bowl of delicious. Just added some hot sauce and I was good to go.

2c0727d10595a9f257015fba414b46f8.jpg

My usual cornbread dessert. Warm up the cornbread in the microwave, pour some milk in the bowl, then top with honey or maple syrup (the real stuff of course). Tonight it was a maple syrup kinda night. I like this dessert even better a couple days later when the cornbread starts to dry out some.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Making me hungry here.  Nice job.

In my little corner of Oklahoma cornbread and beans are a stable.  (Cornbread does NOT include sugar!  That's a cake.)

(Flame suit on.  Give it your best)

LOL

That looks fantastic!

It's a perfect meal for this time of year!

Point!

Al

Thanks Al! It was delicious. Leftovers tonight are great too!

Nice job on the beans
Richie

Thanks!

Making me hungry here.  Nice job.

In my little corner of Oklahoma cornbread and beans are a stable.  (Cornbread does NOT include sugar!  That's a cake.)

(Flame suit on.  Give it your best)

LOL

Well I guess I make corn bread cake! Haha. Johnny cake maybe? I'll have to give it a try without sugar just to see.

looks great!!!! Nice job, I like the cornbread touch, Not something we get up here very often. 

Thanks Al! It was delicious. Leftovers tonight are great too!
Thanks!
Well I guess I make corn bread cake! Haha. Johnny cake maybe? I'll have to give it a try without sugar just to see.
Hahah...Yes, Johnny cake.  The better half is from Michigan and prefers that as well.  I usually cheat and use that Jiffy stuff in a box and cook it on a griddle like pancakes for her to have with her beans while mine (no sugar) bakes in a cast iron skillet in the oven.

Hahah...Yes, Johnny cake.  The better half is from Michigan and prefers that as well.  I usually cheat and use that Jiffy stuff in a box and cook it on a griddle like pancakes for her to have with her beans while mine (no sugar) bakes in a cast iron skillet in the oven.

My wife is from Michigan as well. She likes cornbread...but not near as much as I do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky